- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Vertonghen & more: Twitter reacts as Dawson swaps Tottenham for Hull
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal rules out any further signings
- Rooney, Lineker & more: Twitter reacts as Di Maria completes Man Utd move
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
Liverpool transfers: Steven Gerrard plans to see out career at Reds
Liverpool transfers: Steven Gerrard expects to see out the remainder of his professional career at the Reds
Steven Gerrard says that he expects to see out the remainder of his career at Liverpool.
The 33-year-old midfielder, who is currently nursing a hamstring injury, has 18 months remaining on his current Reds contract which he penned earlier this year.
For the time being I can see myself seeing it out here
Gerrard has scored 101 goals in 456 Premier League appearances, and the Liverpool skipper plans on adding to that tally before the end of his decorated career.
“If something happens where I fall out of contention or someone else comes along and takes my place and I stop enjoying it, if I still feel I could offer someone else something, of course I’d consider it, but for the time being I can see myself seeing it out here,” Gerrard told Sky Sports News.
Gerrard also played down talk of Liverpool challenging for the Premier League title this season.
“I think we’re title contenders if we’re in the title race with 10 games to go – I don’t get carried away or change targets or raise expectations around the city just because we’ve started the season very strong,” Gerrard added.
“To be in the title race you’ve got to be there with 10 games to go with a realistic challenge of winning it. I do have confidence and belief in my team-mates that we’re capable of surprising a few people this season.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Wenger open to further Arsenal signings
- Giroud ruled out until December
- PHOTOS: Sánchez fires Arsenal into group stage
- Man Utd are a joke! Carragher makes Twitter dig