- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
- Photos: Arsenal jet off to USA for New York Red Bulls clash
Man Utd transfers: David Moyes contemplates recalling loan stars
Man Utd transfers: David Moyes admits he contemplating recalling the club's loanees to bolster his squad next month
David Moyes has admitted that he may recall Manchester United’s loanees to provide back-up if needed in January.
Twenty-one-year-old United midfielder Jesse Lingard has impressed for Birmingham City since moving on loan in August, scoring six goals in 12 Championship appearances.
We hope they might be able to come back and help if we need it in January
England Under-21 international Nick Powell has scored five goals and made one assist for Wigan Athletic, whilst Ryan Tunnicliffe has been a regular for Ipswich Town.
And Moyes, who replaced Sir Alex Ferguson at the Old Trafford helm in the summer, revealed he is contemplating recalling the trio from the Championship next month.
“We will try [to do some business] in January,” Moyes said.
“I am quite actively looking at our own boys. The likes of Jesse Lingard, Nick Powell and Ryan Tunnicliffe.
“They are the future. They are part of the club. They have been in the system. We hope they might be able to come back and help if we need it in January.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Arsenal trio set to miss league opener
- Wenger: I couldn't play Ramsey at The Emirates
- Henry: Time was right to sell Suárez
- Van Gaal hints at defensive signings for Man Utd
- Herrera: My Man Utd debut was a dream