- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal ‘will join Red Devils next month’
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Mauricio Pochettino hails Tottenham’s ‘unbelievable’ Erik Lamela
- Arsenal transfers: Lukas Podolski urges Sami Khedira to join Gunners
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at reinforcements
- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
Sherwood gives latest Tottenham injury update ahead of WBA clash
Mousa Dembélé will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tottenham's Boxing Day clash with West Brom
Mousa Dembélé will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tottenham’s Boxing Day clash with West Bromwich Albion, manager Tim Sherwood has revealed.
The 26-year-old midfielder was forced off in the second half of Sunday’s 3-2 victory at Southampton due to an ankle injury and will be assessed before Thursday’s game at White Hart Lane.
Sherwood, who was appointed as Tottenham boss on a permanent basis on Monday after taking over from André Villas-Boas, also confirmed that the north Londoners have no fresh injury concerns ahead of the clash with the Baggies.
“We’re pretty much as we were against Southampton,” said Sherwood. “Mousa limped off after 50 minutes at Southampton, so we’ll have to assess him.
“Otherwise, we’ll go with what we’ve got available – and that’s not a bad team.”
Defender Younes Kaboul (thigh), winger Andros Townsend (hamstring) and defender Jan Vertonghen (ankle) all remain out of action, while Paulinho serves the last of his three-match suspension following his red card against Liverpool.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wenger: Sanchez has qualities Arsenal lack
- Henry talks up 'quality' Zelalem
- Rodgers delighted by imminent Gerrard deal
- No bids on players, insists QPR owner
- 'West Ham will have to sign cover for Carroll'