- Loïc Rémy will be loved at Liverpool, says Gerard Houllier
- Photos: Emre Can & Lazar Markovic look to impress in Liverpool training
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Wojciech Szczesny welcomes Arsenal signing David Ospina
- Gareth Bale always spoke highly of Tottenham, reveals Ben Davies
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd monitor Di Maria, Arsenal chase Costa
Sherwood gives latest Tottenham injury update ahead of WBA clash
Mousa Dembélé will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tottenham's Boxing Day clash with West Brom
Mousa Dembélé will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tottenham’s Boxing Day clash with West Bromwich Albion, manager Tim Sherwood has revealed.
The 26-year-old midfielder was forced off in the second half of Sunday’s 3-2 victory at Southampton due to an ankle injury and will be assessed before Thursday’s game at White Hart Lane.
Sherwood, who was appointed as Tottenham boss on a permanent basis on Monday after taking over from André Villas-Boas, also confirmed that the north Londoners have no fresh injury concerns ahead of the clash with the Baggies.
“We’re pretty much as we were against Southampton,” said Sherwood. “Mousa limped off after 50 minutes at Southampton, so we’ll have to assess him.
“Otherwise, we’ll go with what we’ve got available – and that’s not a bad team.”
Defender Younes Kaboul (thigh), winger Andros Townsend (hamstring) and defender Jan Vertonghen (ankle) all remain out of action, while Paulinho serves the last of his three-match suspension following his red card against Liverpool.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Lovren can't wait to link up with Liverpool squad
- Rodgers: Lovren an important Liverpool signing
- Liverpool complete £20m Lovren signing
- Arsenal target Griezmann set to join Atletico