- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Sherwood gives latest Tottenham injury update ahead of WBA clash
Mousa Dembélé will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tottenham's Boxing Day clash with West Brom
Mousa Dembélé will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tottenham’s Boxing Day clash with West Bromwich Albion, manager Tim Sherwood has revealed.
The 26-year-old midfielder was forced off in the second half of Sunday’s 3-2 victory at Southampton due to an ankle injury and will be assessed before Thursday’s game at White Hart Lane.
Sherwood, who was appointed as Tottenham boss on a permanent basis on Monday after taking over from André Villas-Boas, also confirmed that the north Londoners have no fresh injury concerns ahead of the clash with the Baggies.
“We’re pretty much as we were against Southampton,” said Sherwood. “Mousa limped off after 50 minutes at Southampton, so we’ll have to assess him.
“Otherwise, we’ll go with what we’ve got available – and that’s not a bad team.”
Defender Younes Kaboul (thigh), winger Andros Townsend (hamstring) and defender Jan Vertonghen (ankle) all remain out of action, while Paulinho serves the last of his three-match suspension following his red card against Liverpool.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photo: Suárez bids Liverpool team-mates farewell
- PHOTO: Sturridge wishes himself happy birthday
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd