- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Red Devils only need two new top players’
- Man Utd transfers: Thomas Müller confirms Red Devils snub
- ‘Mesut Özil is a better long-term Arsenal signing than Alexis Sánchez’
Sherwood gives latest Tottenham injury update ahead of WBA clash
Mousa Dembélé will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tottenham's Boxing Day clash with West Brom
Mousa Dembélé will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Tottenham’s Boxing Day clash with West Bromwich Albion, manager Tim Sherwood has revealed.
The 26-year-old midfielder was forced off in the second half of Sunday’s 3-2 victory at Southampton due to an ankle injury and will be assessed before Thursday’s game at White Hart Lane.
Sherwood, who was appointed as Tottenham boss on a permanent basis on Monday after taking over from André Villas-Boas, also confirmed that the north Londoners have no fresh injury concerns ahead of the clash with the Baggies.
“We’re pretty much as we were against Southampton,” said Sherwood. “Mousa limped off after 50 minutes at Southampton, so we’ll have to assess him.
“Otherwise, we’ll go with what we’ve got available – and that’s not a bad team.”
Defender Younes Kaboul (thigh), winger Andros Townsend (hamstring) and defender Jan Vertonghen (ankle) all remain out of action, while Paulinho serves the last of his three-match suspension following his red card against Liverpool.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ox: Arsenal spirit beginning to show
- Van Gaal hails 'very talented' Rojo
- Moreno: Leaving Sevilla was 'painful'
- Rojo ready for 'big step forward' in career
- Liverpool suffer Bakkali setback