- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Man Utd transfers: Angel Di Maria asks to leave Real Madrid
- Man Utd transfers: Seven players who could rescue the Red Devils
- ‘Cesc Fàbregas would have picked Man Utd over Chelsea’
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen sings Olivier Giroud’s praises
Thomas Vermaelen singles out Oliver Giroud for special praise ahead of Arsenal's clash with Fulham on Saturday
Thomas Vermaelen has singled out Oliver Giroud for special praise ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Fulham on Saturday.
The France striker has been in solid form for the Gunners so far this season, scoring nine goals and making five assists in the Premier League.
It’s good to know that there is somebody up front who you can play a long ball to and he will hold it for you
And defender Vermaelen believes that the 27-year-old’s hold-up play is a vital asset for Arsène Wenger’s side.
“He is very important because he can hold the ball really well, he’s a very strong player physically and can score goals as well,” Vermaelen told Arsenal Player.
“When you’re under pressure sometimes it’s good to know that there is somebody up front who you can play a long ball to and he will hold it for you. Then we can move up as a team.”
Vermaelen is currently sidelines with a knee injury and is set to miss Saturday’s clash against the Cottagers.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Owen: Rodgers will control Balotelli
- Cazorla's 'morale high' after Arsenal successes
- PHOTOS: Rooney & RVP star in Man Utd training
- VIDEO: Gibbs & Ox nominate Marriner for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Seven players who could rescue Man Utd