- Transfer round-up: Khedira hopeful of Arsenal move, Man Utd in Turan talks
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry talks up ‘quality’ Gedion Zelalem
- Brendan Rodgers likens Philippe Coutinho to ex-Tottenham star
- Arsène Wenger: I couldn’t play Aaron Ramsey at The Emirates
- Arsenal transfers: Maximilian Arnold ‘dreams’ of Gunners move
- Carragher & more: Twitter reacts as Drogba seals Chelsea return
Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen sings Olivier Giroud’s praises
Thomas Vermaelen singles out Oliver Giroud for special praise ahead of Arsenal's clash with Fulham on Saturday
Thomas Vermaelen has singled out Oliver Giroud for special praise ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Fulham on Saturday.
The France striker has been in solid form for the Gunners so far this season, scoring nine goals and making five assists in the Premier League.
It’s good to know that there is somebody up front who you can play a long ball to and he will hold it for you
And defender Vermaelen believes that the 27-year-old’s hold-up play is a vital asset for Arsène Wenger’s side.
“He is very important because he can hold the ball really well, he’s a very strong player physically and can score goals as well,” Vermaelen told Arsenal Player.
“When you’re under pressure sometimes it’s good to know that there is somebody up front who you can play a long ball to and he will hold it for you. Then we can move up as a team.”
Vermaelen is currently sidelines with a knee injury and is set to miss Saturday’s clash against the Cottagers.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Cech welcomes Chelsea legend back home
- Man Utd flop Bebe joins Benfica
- Blanc coy on Di Maria link
- Law backs Van Gaal to lead Man Utd into Europe
- Ancelotti tells Di Maria to fight for Madrid future