- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen sings Olivier Giroud’s praises
Thomas Vermaelen singles out Oliver Giroud for special praise ahead of Arsenal's clash with Fulham on Saturday
Thomas Vermaelen has singled out Oliver Giroud for special praise ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Fulham on Saturday.
The France striker has been in solid form for the Gunners so far this season, scoring nine goals and making five assists in the Premier League.
It’s good to know that there is somebody up front who you can play a long ball to and he will hold it for you
And defender Vermaelen believes that the 27-year-old’s hold-up play is a vital asset for Arsène Wenger’s side.
“He is very important because he can hold the ball really well, he’s a very strong player physically and can score goals as well,” Vermaelen told Arsenal Player.
“When you’re under pressure sometimes it’s good to know that there is somebody up front who you can play a long ball to and he will hold it for you. Then we can move up as a team.”
Vermaelen is currently sidelines with a knee injury and is set to miss Saturday’s clash against the Cottagers.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Everton should have given Lukaku No9 shirt'
- Vidal is a Juve player, insists Marotta
- Hernández thanks Inter for interest
- Williams wants Swansea to keep Bony
- Van Gaal: Man Utd making big steps