- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Chelsea transfers: De Bruyne & Bertrand set for exits, says Mourinho
Chelsea transfers: José Mourinho reveals Kevin De Bruyne is "close" to leaving, while Ryan Bertrand has joined Aston Villa on loan
José Mourinho has revealed that Kevin De Bruyne is “close” to leaving Chelsea – and left-back Ryan Bertrand has joined Aston Villa on loan until the end of the season.
The Belgium international, who joined the Blues in 2011, is expected to seal a reported £16m move to Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg in the current transfer window.
Kevin De Bruyne is more than probably going to leave
And speaking at his media conference ahead of his side’s clash against Manchester United on Sunday, Mourinho confirmed that the 22-year-old is on the brink of an exit from Stamford Bridge.
“Kevin De Bruyne is more than probably going to leave,” Mourinho said. “He’s close.”
The 50-year-old Chelsea boss also confirmed that Bertrand has joined struggling Aston Villa on loan to secure regular first-team football.
“We’ve also decided that Ryan Bertrand is the best thing is for him to go on loan until the end of the season,” he added.
“He’s a good player and he needs to play. For the moment, my options for left-back are Ashley Cole and Cesar Azpilicueta.
“So for Ryan, we felt that he needs to play because he is a good player. He’s going to Aston Villa until the end of the season.”
Villa manager Paul Lambert also expressed his delight at landing highly-rated Blues defender Bertrand.
“The way he plays the game and as a person, too, he’ll fit in here great and it will be good for him also to be playing games. He has real enthusiasm for the game and he’s looking forward to playing here.
“We’re grateful to Chelsea for allowing him to come here on loan and we know he’ll be really good to work with.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd
- Balotelli tell Sturridge to brush up his dancing
- 'Falcao will give Man Utd wonderful lift'