- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
José Mourinho: Chelsea’s new boy Nemanja Matic won’t start v Man Utd
Chelsea boss José Mourinho reveals that Nemanja Matic won't start against Manchester United on Sunday
José Mourinho has revealed that Chelsea’s new signing Nemanja Matic won’t start against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The Serbia international completed a £21m move to the Blues from Benfica on Wednesday three years after leaving the west London side in the deal which brought David Luiz to the club.
Matic is not starting the game
However, the Chelsea boss gave rival manager David Moyes a small glimpse into his starting line-up for the crunch clash after revealing that Matic won’t start on Sunday.
“Matic is not starting the game,” Mourinho told his pre-match media conference.
“I feel that I hold respect to my players. He is my player now but I hold that respect to my other players.
“I don’t think it is the right message for them that a new player comes in immediately plays in the team.
“So I’m not playing Matic from the beginning.”
Mourinho added that Frank Lampard should be fit to face the Red Devils but defender Branislav Ivanovic is unlikely to feature after the Serb missed training this week.
“Lampard has been training all week with the team,” added Mourinho.
“Ivan has not had one single training session. Today he will train but I don’t believe he can play. Lampard I think can.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Big wins for Aberdeen and Dundee
- Phelan: Welbeck exit has 'broken' Man Utd's identity
- Arsenal's Wilshere: Welbeck joining a great club
- Borini posts cryptic Instagram message
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke