- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
José Mourinho: Chelsea’s new boy Nemanja Matic won’t start v Man Utd
Chelsea boss José Mourinho reveals that Nemanja Matic won't start against Manchester United on Sunday
José Mourinho has revealed that Chelsea’s new signing Nemanja Matic won’t start against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The Serbia international completed a £21m move to the Blues from Benfica on Wednesday three years after leaving the west London side in the deal which brought David Luiz to the club.
Matic is not starting the game
However, the Chelsea boss gave rival manager David Moyes a small glimpse into his starting line-up for the crunch clash after revealing that Matic won’t start on Sunday.
“Matic is not starting the game,” Mourinho told his pre-match media conference.
“I feel that I hold respect to my players. He is my player now but I hold that respect to my other players.
“I don’t think it is the right message for them that a new player comes in immediately plays in the team.
“So I’m not playing Matic from the beginning.”
Mourinho added that Frank Lampard should be fit to face the Red Devils but defender Branislav Ivanovic is unlikely to feature after the Serb missed training this week.
“Lampard has been training all week with the team,” added Mourinho.
“Ivan has not had one single training session. Today he will train but I don’t believe he can play. Lampard I think can.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Arsenal train in Austria
- Scholes: Wilshere can come of age
- Scholes: Rooney be next Man Uatd captain
- Three reasons why Chelsea isn't right for Lukaku
- Lukaku ready to 'write new chapter'