- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
- Rio Ferdinand: Danny Welbeck will ‘flourish’ as Arsenal’s No1 striker
Man Utd transfers: Alexander Buttner ‘very happy’ at Red Devils
Man Utd transfers: Alexander Buttner insists he wants to stay at the Red Devils amid interest from Galatasaray
Alexander Buttner insists he is “very happy” at Manchester United amid reported interest from Galatasaray.
The Netherlands international has failed to dislodge first-choice left-back Patrice Evra since moving to the 20-time English champions from Vitesse Arnhem in 2012.
I don’t want to leave. I want to fight for my place
David Moyes has been linked with a move for a host of different left-backs in recent months after Evra’s loss of form, prompting reports Buttner could quit Old Trafford.
However the 24-year-old reiterated his desire to fight for his first-team place despite speculation linking the defender with a switch to Galatasaray in January.
“If people talk about other players in my position, I don’t care,” Buttner said.
“I just want to play my game and show that I can handle the level. I know there are some clubs that want me but I’m happy here and want to play for United so I focus 100 per cent on here.
“I don’t want to leave. I want to fight for my place. I am still young and I know what I can do. I just have to wait for my chances and take them.”
Buttner was satisfied with his own performance despite United’s 2-1 loss to Swansea City at Old Trafford in the FA Cup third round on Sunday.
“It’s hard because we lost the game,” Buttner added. “I think we did some things well but it’s difficult to play with 10 men. I’m disappointed and we have to focus on the next game now.
“It was nice to play and I want to play every game. It was good for my first game for a while. I’m just disappointed we lost because, if we win, then the feeling is different. I’m very disappointed but I think I did well.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ricky who? Sterling had to Google Rodgers joke
- Redknapp: Borini's wage demands prevented deal
- Lamela wishes Sandro 'all the best' at QPR
- Özil backs Welbeck to net plenty of Arsenal goals
- Welbeck to wear number 23 shirt for Arsenal