- Video: Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic stars as Reds beat Man City
- Steven Gerrard looked up Liverpool signing Lazar Markovic on YouTube
- Cahill & more: Twitter reacts as Lukaku swaps Chelsea for Everton
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal get Khedira boost, Man Utd offered Mertens
- Man Utd transfers: Arturo Vidal is a Juve player, insists Beppe Marotta
- Man Utd transfers: Angel di Maria welcome at PSG, says Edinson Cavani
Sir Alex Ferguson not to blame for Man Utd’s woes, says Kenny Dalglish
Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish is baffled by suggestions that Sir Alex Ferguson should stay away from Manchester United games
Kenny Dalglish doesn’t believe Sir Alex Ferguson is having a negative effect on Manchester United’s fortunes by attending their games.
The 71-year-old has been regularly spotted at Old Trafford – and even United’s away games this season – after opting to retire following the club’s 20th top-flight crown in May.
Let’s get it straight – United aren’t losing games because Sir Alex Ferguson is sitting in the stands
Queens Park Rangers midfielder Joey Barton, and many others, have suggested that Ferguson should stay away from United’s games, but former Liverpool boss Dalglish rubbished such suggestions.
“I’m baffled by these suggestions that Ferguson should stop attending United matches while they are going through a difficult spell. I don’t see the problem. Honestly, I don’t get it,” Dalglish wrote in his Daily Mirror column.
“Are people saying that Bryan Robson and Sir Bobby Charlton, two other United greats, shouldn’t go to games either? No-one mentions any of them being at matches when results are going well, so do they only have an effect when they’re struggling.
“Let’s get it straight – United aren’t losing games because Sir Alex Ferguson is sitting in the stands. They are losing games because they have got a new manager, a new chief executive (Ed Woodward), and Wayne Rooney andRobin van Persie have picked up injuries.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Wilshere makes a SPLASH in Arsenal training
- I'll prove my worth at West Ham, vows Jenkinson
- Three reasons why Vidal should join Man Utd
- Markovic stars as Liverpool beat Man City
- Gerrard excited by Liverpool's summer signings