- Liverpool transfers: Marco Reus wanted by massive clubs, says agent
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Reds in trouble after failing to sign Loïc Rémy’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Arsenal haven’t gambled on Calum Chambers, says Southampton legend
- Photos: Liverpool unveil new signing Divock Origi
Steven Gerrard: I’d cover my body in tattoos if Liverpool won title
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard jokes that he would cover half his body in tattoos if it helped the Reds to win the title
Steven Gerrard has joked that he would cover half his body in tattoos if it meant Liverpool would win the Premier League title.
The 33-year-old Reds skipper is missing a title winner’s medal from his career haul, having captained his boyhood club to Champions League and FA Cup glory.
Unlike team-mates Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel who are covered in tattoos, the Liverpool midfielder, who recently returned from a hamstring injury, boasts no body art.
But in an interview with Sky Sports News, Gerrard revealed that he would be willing to add some tattoos to his body if the Reds were to secure a long-awaited 19th top-flight crown.
“I’d never say never,” Gerrard said. “I’ve contemplated it a few times. My wife has asked me to get something linked to the children, so I’m maybe thinking about that.
“Also the players have a lot of tattoos. There’s a few who are a big fans of tattoos – Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel, Luis Suárez, Glen Johnson and a couple of the young lads too, Raheem Sterling.
“So they are all putting pressure on me, asking if I’ll get one.”
When quizzed whether he’d get one if Liverpool won the Premier League title, the Reds skipper replied: “Do you want me to do a bet? If someone said to me now, ‘Cover half your body in tattoos and you’ll win the Premier League’, I’d do it tomorrow.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'Saints will struggle to keep Schneiderlin'
- Everton need Lukaku, says Osman
- Chambers reflects on 'whirlwind' eight months
- Van Gaal hails Man Utd's 'best win'
- 'Man Utd target Vidal is irreplaceable'