- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to sign £21m Carvalho, Man Utd in Vidal talks
- Parlour, Lineker and more: Twitter reacts as Leicester hold Arsenal
- Arsenal dealt Radamel Falcao blow after striker ‘deletes Real Madrid tweet’
- Arsenal transfers: Wenger confirms he’s on the lookout for a striker
- ‘Rene Meulensteen return would be great news for Man Utd’
Tottenham transfers: Lewis Holtby open to Schalke return, says agent
Tottenham transfers: Lewis Holtby's agent hints the Germany international would be willing to rejoin Schalke
Lewis Holtby is desperately looking to secure first-team football amid interest from Schalke, according to the midfielder’s agent Marcus Noack.
Lewis is desperate to play
Holtby moved to the north London side in a £1.5m deal from Schalke in the January transfer window last year after impressing for the Bundesliga side.
However the 23-year-old’s chances of being included in Joachim Low’s Germany squad for this summer’s World Cup are being damaged due to a lack of football.
And Holtby’s agent Noack confirmed he is looking to find a solution for the playmaker, which could potentially include a return to his former club.
“Lewis is desperate to play, which is why we are looking intensively for solutions,” Noack told Bild.
“Schalke is an interesting option.”
Holby has scored three goals in 36 appearances in all competitions since moving to White Hart Lane in 2012.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photo: Suárez bids Liverpool team-mates farewell
- PHOTO: Sturridge wishes himself happy birthday
- PHOTO: Suárez gives Gerrard signed Barcelona shirt
- 'Falcao would have slotted in Arsenal side'
- Twitter reacts to reports Falcao will join Man Utd