- Man Utd’s Juan Mata sees funny side after Wayne Rooney mix-up
- Photos: Jack Wilshere turns photographer for Arsenal training
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal to miss out on Khedira, Fellaini to quit Man Utd
- Barkley, Neville & more: Twitter reacts as Chelsea man nears Everton move
- Paul Scholes: Jack Wilshere can come of age at Arsenal this season
- Liverpool transfers: Rodgers rejects Tottenham comparisons
Pep Guardiola speaks of respect for Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger
Pep Guardiola speaks of his respect for Arsène Wenger ahead of Bayern Munich's trip to Arsenal on Wednesday
Pep Guardiola has spoken of his respect for Arsène Wenger ahead of Bayern Munich’s Champions League clash against the Gunners.
His teams have his quality and I have to admire the quality of my opponents
But Guardiola has come out in defence of the Arsenal boss ahead of the last-16 first-leg game at Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.
“My opinion on Arsène is that I have a lot of respect [for him],” Guardiola said. “His teams have his quality and I have to admire the quality of my opponents.
“We are going to play one team that has all the season been up [leading the league], so now they are third or second in the league, but in the beginning [they were] there.
“It is a typical team that always puts in a good performance in the Champions League.
“The last eight, nine or 10 years they have been in the Champions League and they are a special team with [Santi] Cazorla, [Mesut] Özil, [Jack] Wilshere, [Alex] Oxlade-Chamberlain, [Aaron] Ramsey.
“They always have good midfield players, with combinations. You [we] have to be good in both sides in our defensive movements and try to understand their game.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Photos: Costa & Fabregas impress v Vitesse
- Video: Fàbregas scores first Chelsea goal
- Twitter reacts as Lukaku completes Everton move
- Martinez hails historic Lukaku signing
- Lukaku hopes to progress at Chelsea