- Man Utd transfers: Marcos Rojo drops Angel Di Maria hint
- Özil, Szczesny and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal draw at Besiktas
- Transfer round-up: Manolas has Arsenal medical, Man Utd to sign Cuadrado
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Red Devils only need two new top players’
- Man Utd transfers: Thomas Müller confirms Red Devils snub
- ‘Mesut Özil is a better long-term Arsenal signing than Alexis Sánchez’
Pep Guardiola speaks of respect for Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger
Pep Guardiola speaks of his respect for Arsène Wenger ahead of Bayern Munich's trip to Arsenal on Wednesday
Pep Guardiola has spoken of his respect for Arsène Wenger ahead of Bayern Munich’s Champions League clash against the Gunners.
His teams have his quality and I have to admire the quality of my opponents
But Guardiola has come out in defence of the Arsenal boss ahead of the last-16 first-leg game at Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.
“My opinion on Arsène is that I have a lot of respect [for him],” Guardiola said. “His teams have his quality and I have to admire the quality of my opponents.
“We are going to play one team that has all the season been up [leading the league], so now they are third or second in the league, but in the beginning [they were] there.
“It is a typical team that always puts in a good performance in the Champions League.
“The last eight, nine or 10 years they have been in the Champions League and they are a special team with [Santi] Cazorla, [Mesut] Özil, [Jack] Wilshere, [Alex] Oxlade-Chamberlain, [Aaron] Ramsey.
“They always have good midfield players, with combinations. You [we] have to be good in both sides in our defensive movements and try to understand their game.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Ox: Arsenal spirit beginning to show
- Van Gaal hails 'very talented' Rojo
- Moreno: Leaving Sevilla was 'painful'
- Rojo ready for 'big step forward' in career
- Liverpool suffer Bakkali setback