- Gibbs, Walcott & more: Twitter reacts to Arsenal’s £16m signing
- Photos: Arsenal unveil £16m signing Calum Chambers
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal relaxed about potential signings
- The new Chambo! Arsenal forward hails new signing Calum Chambers
- Aldridge & more: Twitter reacts as Liverpool sign Lovren
- Liverpool transfers: Brendan Rodgers explains collapsed Loïc Rémy deal
Man Utd transfers: Toni Kroos confirms interest from ‘a few clubs’
Man Utd transfers: Toni Kroos confirms there has been interest in his services from "a few clubs"
Toni Kroos has confirmed that there has been interest in his services from “a few clubs” but remained coy when quizzed about his future beyond the summer.
The 24-year-old Bayern Munich star, whose current deal is set to expire next year, was heavily linked with a move to Manchester United in January.
Talks with the Bundesliga side over a possible new deal have stalled and although the Germany international insists that his wage demands are not key to his future, he has revealed that there has been interest from a number of clubs.
All I can say is that a few clubs have come forward
“It is not a question of money, it is not my character. But I’d be lying if I said it does not count,” Kroos told Kicker.
“We discussed at length but we have not managed to come to an agreement in January. No date has been set.
Kroos’ comments come after former Bayern boss Jupp Heynckes urged the forward to stay at the Allianz Arena.
“He shouldn’t leave Bayern, not even for Barca or Madrid,” Heynckes said.
“He can win everything with this side over the next four years and needs to be playing as the head of the team.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Sturridge: Liverpool hungry for success
- Van Gaal: No Mourinho mind games
- Dodd: Arsenal haven't gambled on Chambers
- 'Liverpool in trouble after collapsed Rémy deal'
- Photos: Liverpool train at Princeton University