- Photos: Balotelli and Lallana train with Liverpool ahead of Tottenham trip
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Nigel de Jong would be good signing for Red Devils’
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Man Utd transfers: ‘Juan Mata’s Red Devils future in danger’
- Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal hints at more signings
- Mauricio Pochettino discusses whether Spurs signing will face Liverpool
Man Utd transfers: Toni Kroos confirms interest from ‘a few clubs’
Man Utd transfers: Toni Kroos confirms there has been interest in his services from "a few clubs"
Toni Kroos has confirmed that there has been interest in his services from “a few clubs” but remained coy when quizzed about his future beyond the summer.
The 24-year-old Bayern Munich star, whose current deal is set to expire next year, was heavily linked with a move to Manchester United in January.
Talks with the Bundesliga side over a possible new deal have stalled and although the Germany international insists that his wage demands are not key to his future, he has revealed that there has been interest from a number of clubs.
All I can say is that a few clubs have come forward
“It is not a question of money, it is not my character. But I’d be lying if I said it does not count,” Kroos told Kicker.
“We discussed at length but we have not managed to come to an agreement in January. No date has been set.
Kroos’ comments come after former Bayern boss Jupp Heynckes urged the forward to stay at the Allianz Arena.
“He shouldn’t leave Bayern, not even for Barca or Madrid,” Heynckes said.
“He can win everything with this side over the next four years and needs to be playing as the head of the team.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Man Utd are making progress, says Van Gaal
- Fowler blasts disrespectful Van Gaal
- West Ham sign Song on season-long loan deal
- Hazard 'feeling good' back at Chelsea
- PHOTOS: Arsenal train ahead of Leicester trip