- Tottenham transfers: Gary Lineker hails ‘solid’ signing Federico Fazio
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal set to sign Falcao, Man Utd snap up teenager
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd make double bid, Arsenal to sign Carvalho
- Özil, Vieira & more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal edge past Besiktas
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher makes Man Utd ‘joke’ on Twitter
- Divock Origi explains why he picked Liverpool over Tottenham Hotspur
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger quiet on Loïc Rémy reports
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger refuses to be drawn on speculation linking Loïc Rémy with move to Gunners
Arsène Wenger has described Loïc Rémy as a “good striker” but refused to be drawn any further on a possible Arsenal swoop for the QPR forward.
The French striker has been touted as a possible target for the Gunners in the summer transfer window as Wenger looks to bolster his attacking options.
We are focused on the end of the season, not on strikers
But Wenger, whose side face Newcastle at Emirates Stadium on Monday, insisted that his only priority is helping Arsenal finish the campaign on a high.
“He is a good striker,” said Wenger. “But we are focused on the end of the season, not on strikers.”
“It is sad he wasn’t given time. I wish him well,” said Wenger. “It’s part of the modern game – there’s no time and that’s a big threat for our game.
“If you want quality people in our job you have to give them time. That means the quality of the coaching will not be as good as you don’t have the time.
“We live in a society where the quick intelligence takes over the slow intelligence. Everything is immediate.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- 'De Jong the type of player Man Utd need'
- Wenger hails 'great' goalkeeper Almunia
- Wenger: Chambers could end up as a midfielder
- Gale: Mata's Man Utd future in danger
- Wenger coy on Falcao reports