- Man Utd transfers: Dortmund speak out about Hummels and Reus
- Arsenal transfers: Real Madrid ‘looking to offload Sami Khedira’
- Lionel Messi ‘enquired about Arsenal move last season’
- Liverpool transfers: Serge Aurier reveals talks over future
- Transfer round-up: Arsenal back in for Balotelli, Man Utd bid for Cuadrado
- Arsenal transfers: AC Milan admit Mario Balotelli could leave
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger quiet on Loïc Rémy reports
Arsenal transfers: Arsène Wenger refuses to be drawn on speculation linking Loïc Rémy with move to Gunners
Arsène Wenger has described Loïc Rémy as a “good striker” but refused to be drawn any further on a possible Arsenal swoop for the QPR forward.
The French striker has been touted as a possible target for the Gunners in the summer transfer window as Wenger looks to bolster his attacking options.
We are focused on the end of the season, not on strikers
But Wenger, whose side face Newcastle at Emirates Stadium on Monday, insisted that his only priority is helping Arsenal finish the campaign on a high.
“He is a good striker,” said Wenger. “But we are focused on the end of the season, not on strikers.”
“It is sad he wasn’t given time. I wish him well,” said Wenger. “It’s part of the modern game – there’s no time and that’s a big threat for our game.
“If you want quality people in our job you have to give them time. That means the quality of the coaching will not be as good as you don’t have the time.
“We live in a society where the quick intelligence takes over the slow intelligence. Everything is immediate.”◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Woodward: Man Utd ready to spend big
- Fàbregas: Chelsea was best option for me
- Messi 'enquired about Arsenal move'
- Mourinho convinced Chelsea can win the title
- AC Milan admit Balotelli could leave