- I wouldn’t sign Liverpool target Mario Balotelli for free, says ex-Man Utd star
- Photos: Özil and Mertesacker train as Arsenal gear up for Everton
- Liverpool transfers: Mario Balotelli a bargain at £16m, says Harry Redknapp
- Transfer round-up: Reus in talks with Arsenal, Tottenham to sign Fazio
- José Mourinho wishes Mario Balotelli all the best at Liverpool
- Liverpool transfers: ‘Signing Mario Balotelli the worst thing for the Reds’
Arsenal transfers: Brazil striker Bernard tight-lipped on future
Arsenal transfers: Brazil forward Bernard is refusing to comment on his future until after the World Cup
Bernard is refusing to comment on his future until after the World Cup amid reported interest from Arsenal and Manchester City.
The 21-year-old midfielder was touted as a target for both the Gunners and their north London rivals Tottenham last summer before he opted to move to Ukraine.
Premier League champions City are believed to have entered the race for the Brazil international after the forward impressed at Shakhtar Donetsk following his £30m move.
Whilst Bernard revealed that his representatives are attempting to sort his future, the South American star refused to give any update on a potential move to the Premier League in the summer transfer window.
“I made it clear since I arrived [to join the national team] that I won’t comment about the possibility of a transfer as I am focused on the World Cup,” Bernard told Superesportes.
“It’s a unique moment in the career of a player, I want to mature and learn a lot here with my more experienced team-mates.
“I leave my off the field situation to be handled by those who have the right to do so without me.
“I don’t know [what will happen] after the World Cup, I have people to handle the off the field things.”
Bernard scored two goals in 17 appearances in Ukraine’s Premier League.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Mourinho backs Cahill for England captaincy
- Mourinho: I don't have to explain my decision to Cech
- Van Persie set to return for Man Utd
- Back Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs to win at 10/1!
- Rodgers: Markovic & Moreno available for Man City trip