- Photo: Mario Balotelli pays tribute to Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
- Photos: What Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger was up to on deadline day
- Parlour and more: Twitter reacts as Arsenal close in on Welbeck
- Man Utd transfers: Neville wants centre-half after Falcao signing
- Photo: Luis Suárez gives Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard Barca shirt
- Theo Walcott welcomes Arsenal signing Danny Welbeck to Gunners
Frank Lampard thanks Roman Abramovich after Chelsea exit
Frank Lampard pays tribute to Roman Abramovich after announcing that he is to leave Chelsea this summer
Frank Lampard has paid tribute to Roman Abramovich after confirming that he will leave the club this summer after 13 years at Stamford Bridge.
The 35-year-old England international made 648 appearances for the Blues, scoring a club record 211 goals, but manager José Mourinho has chosen not to offer the midfielder a new contract.
Thank you for the memories and keep making history!
“When I arrived at this fantastic club 13 years ago I would never have believed that I would be fortunate enough to play so many games and enjoy sharing in so much success. This club has become part of my life,” Lampard said in a statement.
“Roman Abramovich, the man who saved our club and took us all to new levels. His desire to push the club to the top of the football world has rubbed off on everyone.
“All the managers and coaches who have helped me develop my game during the time I have been here. I have learnt from every one of them.
“The club will move forward and as a Chelsea man I have no doubt that with the quality of the players that are there, they will continue with the success that we have all enjoyed over the past seasons.
“Thank you for the memories and keep making history!”
Lampard, who is currently with the England squad in Miami ahead of the World Cup, said that not consider any of the offers until after the tournament in Brazil finishes.◀ The Sport Review homepageNext story ►
Join us on Facebook
- Redknapp: Falcao will fire Man Utd into top four
- Smith: Welbeck only wanted Arsenal move
- PHOTO: Wilshere and Hart all smiles
- Madrid already missing Alonso & Di Maria
- Mertesacker: Arsenal's Chambers has everything