The France international is desperate to follow former Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino to White Hart Lane amid talk of Spurs launching a £20m bid for the midfielder.
He’s a player at Southampton and he will continue as a player at Southampton
However, Southampton are refusing to contemplate a seventh summer exit after seeing Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert, Luke Shaw, Dejan Lovren, Calum Chambers and Pochettino leave this summer.
And Koeman, who was appointed as the Argentine’s successor at St Mary’s last month, underlined his desire to keep the former Starsbourg midfielder at the Saints.
“It’s the decision of the board, but I don’t talk about it. He’s a player at Southampton and he will continue as a player at Southampton,” Koeman told Sky Sports News.
“But I don’t like to talk about that situation. I spoke to Morgan two days ago and he is still not in the shape to play a friendly at this level. He needs more training sessions. If he’s ready he will play.”
Earlier this week, Schneiderlin took to Twitter to blast Southampton after the Saints told the midfielder that he would not be sold to Spurs.
6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!
— Morgan Schneiderlin (@SchneiderlinMo4) July 29, 2014
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news