David Ospina has started six of their last seven games after Szczesny was dropped following an error-strewn performance as Arsenal lost 2-0 to Southampton on New Year’s Day.
The Gunners manager is reported to be weighing up a move for Bayer Leverkusen shot-stopper Bernd Leno, with Wenger apparently viewing the 22-year-old German as a long-term successor for the out-of-favour Szczesny.
When quizzed about the Poland international’s prospects at The Emirates, Wenger told a news conference on Tuesday: “I worry about every single player of my squad and I want every player to be happy, but at the end of the day, only 11 players can start the game.
“They have competition for places – that is part of our job. I don’t think it is a special worry.”
Wenger was speaking to the media ahead of the first leg of Arsenal’s clash against Monaco in the Champions League last 16 in north London on Wednesday night.
Asked if Szczesny could start ahead of Ospina for the visit of the Ligue 1 side, Wenger replied: “I cannot tell you that [today].”
The Colombia international, who joined Arsenal in a £3m deal from Nice last summer, was reported to be carrying a back injury after a 2-1 win against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Saturday.
However, Wenger revealed Ospina was not an injury doubt for the European tie after the Arsenal manager had already ruled out Jack Wilshere featuring against Monaco.
Wenger said: “[Ospina] He is fit, he trained.”
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news