1. Fiorentina have an excellent record against English opposition, losing just twice in nine games. Tottenham’s record against Italian sides is considerably weaker, only winning four games in 12.
2. Spurs have won their last two round of 32 ties. The last time they got knocked out at this stage was too Shakhtar Donetsk in 2008/09 when it was known as the Uefa Cup.
3. Fiorentina have won just one of their last five European home games (W1 D2 L2), whereas Spurs have only lost one of their last five on the road (W2 D2 L1)
4. Spurs, who won the competition in 1972 and 1984, are among 11 former Uefa Cup or Uefa Europa League winners still left in the draw at this stage.
5. Erik Lamela is the only player in the Tottenham team with experience in Serie A having played for Roma between 2011-13.
6. Fiorentina’s only previous two-legged knockout tie against English opposition (Everton) was decided on penalties in 2007/08, which they won 4-2.
7. Fiorentina haven’t lost, or conceded a goal, in four home encounters against English sides, and have won three of those ties.
8. The previous meeting between the two sides was the first time they had ever met in European competition, the game finished 1-1 with Jose Maria Basanta cancelling out Roberto Soldado’s opener.
9. The Viola have two players on loan from English sides, Mohamed Salah from Chelsea and Micah Richards from Manchester City.
10. Harry Kane is Tottenham’s highest goal scorer so far in the tournament with five, for the Viola Juan Vargas and Federico Bernardeschi are tied with two goals each.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news