Stories in the British media on Monday evening claimed that the 20-year-old has made his mind up to leave the Merseyside outfit after turning down a new contract worth around £100,000 a week.
The story has been blown somewhat out of proportion
Sterling has been linked with a host of clubs in recent weeks following the uncertainty about his future, with Manchester United, Real Madrid and Arsenal all touted as possible destinations for the player.
However, Sterling’s representative Aidy Ward has played down the reports about his client’s future and says that the winger is planning to hold talks with Liverpool in the coming weeks.
“The story has been blown somewhat out of proportion,” Ward told talkSPORT.
“Raheem and his representatives have a meeting scheduled with Liverpool later this week and we will take proceedings from there.”
Sterling has two years left on his current Liverpool contract.
He has scored seven goals and made seven assists in 35 Premier League games so far this season.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news