1) Steven Gerrard receives the first of his six Premier League red cards in the Merseyside derby in 1999.
2) The tenacious midfielder scored his first of five cup finals goals against Alaves in the Uefa Cup showpiece in 2001.
3) The Liverpool youth graduate cemented his growing reputation for spectacular long-range goals with a memorable strike in a 2-0 victory over Manchester United in 2001.
4) Gerrard broke the deadlock against bitter rivals Manchester United in the 2003 League Cup final.
5) Gerrard captains Liverpool for the first time after the midfielder replaced Sami Hyypia in October 2003.
5) ‘Oh ya beauty!’ Gerrard celebrates one of the greatest Champions League goals of all-time.
6) Gerrard triggers a Liverpool comeback in the Champions League final with a second-half header.
7) Gerrard emulates Phil Thompson and Graeme Souness as he lifts the European Cup in 2005.
8) Gerrard with his PFA player of the year award in 2006.
9) Only Gerrard and Sir Stanley Matthews have FA Cup finals named in their honour. The Liverpool skipper scored twice and dispatched his penalty in a shootout win over West Ham in 2006.
10) Gerrard formed a deadly partnership with Fernando Torres before the Spaniard left in 2011.
11) He scored a hat-trick against Newcastle in December 2008 before the Liverpool skipper was arrested hours later after a confrontation in a bar. Gerrard was cleared of the charges but the club’s title challenge failed.
12) Gerrard kisses the camera after he dispatches his penalty in a 4-1 victory over Manchester United at Old Trafford in 2009.
13) Gerrard has described Luis Suarez as his most-talented team-mate.
14) Gerrard utters the immortal words, ‘This doesn’t slip’, after a 3-2 victory over Manchester City which put Liverpool in charge of the title race last season.
15) For non-Liverpool fans, perhaps the defining moment of Gerrard’s career.
16) Gerrard featured in the Premier League photo of the season for 2013-14.
Gerrard celebrates scoring the winner against Fulham in March 2014 Photo: Kevin Quigley
17) Dejection after Liverpool squander a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 with Crystal Palace and hand City all the initiative in the title race.
MORE: Man Utd transfers: Louis van Gaal reveals his summer plans
MORE: The latest football transfer news
OUR PICK: Discover the top 5 best fat burner supplements
MORE: Meet the Premier League's most stylish footballers
MORE: Do you know the top Muslim footballers in the Premier League?
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news