Guus Hiddink delivers latest update on Eden Hazard after Chelsea’s loss to PSG

Guus Hiddink delivers the latest Chelsea injury update concerning Eden Hazard and Diego Costa

The Sport Review staff
By    

Guus Hiddink has revealed that Eden Hazard has suffered a recurrence of his recent hip injury after he was forced off during Chelsea’s 2-1 Champions League defeat by Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday night.

The 25-year-old was brought off in the 77th minute of the last-16 second-leg tie at Stamford Bridge after appearing to be in discomfort in the second half.

Hazard had struggled with a hip injury earlier in the season and failed to find consistent form for the west London club this term.

And Hiddink said after Wednesday’s game that the Blues would assess the extent of Hazard’s problem on Thursday.

The Chelsea interim boss also provided an update on Diego Costa, who was forced off in the second half.

Speaking at his post-match news conference at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night, Hiddink said: “We will see if there is big damage tomorrow.

“Hazard has a little problem with his latest hip injury.

“Diego was desperate to play today although he was not 100 per cent fit. He was desperate. I don’t know if that has become worse, we will see.

“I hope it isn’t worse than before the Stoke game, because in two days we will have to play another game.”

MORE: The latest Chelsea news and views

MORE: The latest Chelsea player tweets

Chelsea, who are 10th in the Premier League table, now turn their attentions towards their FA Cup quarter-final clash at Everton on on Saturday evening.

Get 8/1 enhanced odds on Real Madrid to win the Champions League final. Click here to sign up now. T&Cs apply.

MORE: Get TREBLE the odds on any sports bet. T&Cs apply

MORE: The Sport Review homepage

MORE: Chelsea receive boost as Courtois provides transfer update - report

MORE: All of today's football transfer gossip

MORE: The latest football news

 News feed