The journalist has claimed that Arsenal remain keen to try and sign the 21-year-old attacking midfielder this summer as Arsene Wenger looks to bolster his squad ahead of next season.
Arsenal are said to have already had two bids for Lemar rejected by the French club as Wenger bids to try and land the player as his third summer signing.
And Sky Sports News reporter Reed has delivered the latest update about Arsenal’s link to the attacker.
Speaking on Sky Sports News on Thursday evening, Reed said: “This is a transfer story that just will not go away. Arsenal remain interested in Monaco’s Thomas Lemar.
“The French club said last week that Lemar was essential to their plans and have rejected two bids from Arsenal already in this window.
“Interestingly, Monaco have announced the signing of an attacking player – Adama Diakhaby. Could their position now change?”
Arsenal have bought two players so far this summer as Wenger gears up for his next season in charge at The Emirates.
The north London side have signed Sead Kolasinac and Alexandre Lacazette so far as Wenger looks to steer the Gunners to their first Premier League title since their famous unbeaten triumph in 2004.
The Gunners are currently preparing to take on Chelsea in the Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday afternoon as they look to win their first trophy of the season.
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news