The Five Worst… Dives in British football
With the recent controversy surrounding diving in the British game here is TSR’s pick of the five worst dives we have seen by players plying their trade in the UK.
1. The list wouldn’t be complete without the infamous Eduardo dive against Celtic at Emirates Stadium:
2. Steven Gerrard takes a tumble despite little contact with Brad Friedel. Not the finest moment for the Liverpool captain the red shirt:
3. Ronaldo shows utter contempt towards the referee as he fails to be awarded a free-kick against Arsenal.
4. Kyle Lafferty earns an Oscar for the best dive in the SPL. Lafferty drops to the floor holding his head after clashing with an Aberdeen defender. The only problem being there was no contact.
5. Didier Drogba appears to have been shot as he theatrically falls to the floor. On second viewing it is Drogba that is backing into Liverpool’s Daniel Agger.