Kim Clijsters ‘couldn’t help herself’
TSR’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “I forgot today is my Birthday!!! But I don’t celebrate b days…. So maybe that’s why I forgot!!! :)”
Serena Williams opts not to discuss her age in the Twittersphere.
2. “When was the last time you did something for the 1st time? Well today I lunged a horse! Luckily horse could not tell how nervous I was!”
Will Carling worries his followers as he describes his equine-related activities.
3. “By the way for all who didn’t know (me included!) Lunging a horse is exercising it on a long leash making it canter/ trot in a circle ”
Thank goodness for that Mr Carling.
4. “I wanted to take another week off but couldn’t help myself, I got the racquets out and hit again this morning ;-)”
Kim Clijsters is itching to snap up the remaining three Grand Slams.
5. “I have come to the conclusion that I am just not very good at parking…”
Andy Roddick admits he’s not the best in the Walmart car park.
6. “Over 200 followers. Thanks guys the Love is appreciated.”
Robert Earnshaw feels the love of his Twitter family.
7. “No last minute changes to my fantasy footy team after last 90 point gameweek.”
Andy Murray uses Fantasy Football to distract him from Great Britain’s Davis Cup let down in Liverpool.
8. “Just seen Swanny playing chess in our hotel. Wouldn’t think much of it but he has a vacant look in his eyes and is ruffling Colly’s hair!??”
James Anderson is confused by Graeme Swann’s and Paul Collingwood’s recreational activities.
9. “Tonight the world must take notice: We will be heading to karaoke its a mandatory team Williams activity!!”
Venus Williams issues a rallying call to her sister ahead of a karaoke showdown.
10. “I’ve just used some of that mint source shower gel, it provides a tingle in places other soaps could never reach…wow!!”
Graeme Swann‘s first tweet after signing a new sponsorship deal.