‘It’s nice that David Beckham was watching’
TSR’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “Ughhhh, I was eating before my match and a looooong hair was in my food!!!! Ahhhhhhhh soooo gross!!!!!”
Serena Williams isn’t impressed with the catering at Flushing Meadows.
2. “I got asked yesterday by an American journalist, who is Fred Perry? I asked if he was joking, he said no seriously. I said one of the greatest players ever and walked off laughing, how can u report on tennis and not know that?”
Andy Murray warms to the American media.
3. “Knock – knock, 6:50 am. Anti-doping inspectors at the house. Wow.”
Lance Armstrong enjoys an early-morning wake up call.
4. “Becks said he watched every ball of the Ashes and the highlight for him was my batting at Cardiff! He must really know his cricket!!!”
James Anderson can’t hide his excitement after meeting David Beckham.
5. “Glad david beckham singled me out with “you’re the guy who bowled the ball of the century!” Nice that he was watching.”
And neither can Graeme Swann.
6. “Can anyone else not stand the sound of people chewing gum?”
Andy Roddick wouldn’t get on with Sir Alex Ferguson.
7. “We’ve got doubles action tomorrow too! I don’t think you saw the full schedule before you left!”
Venus Williams reminds her sister of her doubles obligations.
8.“Old and useless ex England rugby captain, who has just set up a rugby website and is getting into the Twitter world.”
Will Carling describes himself.
9.“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
Wise words from Shaquille O’Neal.
10.“Going to watch phonejacker on you tube… sons recommended it”
David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd has some free time on his hands after the conclusion of The Ashes.