This sixth award is extra special, says Clijsters
The Sport Reviews’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “Im done with tweeting its more trouble than its worth!”
Danny Gabbidon has enough tweeting.
2. “We like to keep things tight! phew! ps howay tha Toon”
Graeme Swann comments on England securing a draw very late in the day while paying tribute to his favourite team.
3. “My only 2 football regrets: not winning the title with LFC, and not having Martin O’Neill as my gaffer at Villa. Maybe in my next life!”
Stan Collymore reveals the two regrets of his football career.
4. “It’s such a joy working with my dad, he’s a great coach. I had such a great practice!”
Venus Williams pays homage to her father.
5. “Scared of spiders is an understatement but to stop me getting on a plane that’s dumb”
Darren Bent reacts to newspaper reports that a fear of spiders could prevent him travelling to South Africa.
6. “It is profoundly significant that the only thing over which you have complete control is your own mental attitude”
Basketball player Shaquille O’Neal advises his followers on the importance of mind in sport.
7. “A raccoon is sat chilling next to the practice court.”
Andy Murray has a new number one fan.
8. “Won sportswoman of the year award for 6th time today, but this means the most after everything I experienced this year on and off the court”
‘Super mum’ Kim Clijsters is happy after winning the ‘Sportswoman of the Year award’.
9. “Munster have smashed Perpignan in France, unbelievable control and precision with aggression. Awesome, O’Connell magnificent, Warwick at full back wonderful. superlatives everywhere.”
Will Greenwood enjoys Munster Henieken Cup victory over Perpignan.
10. “OMG!!! Someone at the restaurant I am @ is carrying my bag!! Mybag collection from HSN(home shopping network)I’m so excited I could faint!!!!”
Serena Williams is excited to see the fruits of her fashion labour.