‘I feel sorry for any fan who travelled to Chelsea’
The Sport Review’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “Hey everyone. I’ve got some disappointing news, I am not travelling to Stoke. The Boss left me out the squad. No explanation.”
Ryan Babel tweets his way towards an Anfield exit and causes a stir in the media. He later apologised for the outburst.
2. “Just finished my biology exam…I also got my GCSE maths and English results that I took in November :) maths = A* English = A* :D”
Tom Daley reminds us that he still only 15-years-old.
3. “Wondering if you all are keeping up with my progress in Sydney?”
Serena Williams asks if her Twitter followers are paying attention.
4. “My sister and I saw Avatar yesterday, we were both jealous of the big blue people that got to ride the big red dragon. I want a pet dragon!”
British tennis starlet Laura Robson can’t contain her excitement following a trip to the cinema.
5. “I have developed this new liking for country music. I guess when you live in Austin, Texas long enough…”
Andy Roddick reveals his somewhat questionable taste in music. And living in Texas is no excuse, Andy.
6. “Bad day today feel sorry for any supporter who went today. We will bounce straight back I’m convinced. 150% committed to the cause.”
Darren Bent sympathises with Sunderland fans following their 7-2 demolition at the hands of Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
7. “7:30 in the evening here and its 39 degrees. Hitting in 43 degrees is interesting…”
Could Andy Murray possibly be missing the Scottish climate?
8. “Man I really like Greece. Very nice place and nice people everywhere you go.”
Benfica striker Freddy Adu’s first tweet after signing a lucrative sponsorship deal with the Greece Tourism Board.
9. “Our white kit goes positively luminous under floodlights. I hope for your sake that the trousers don’t go see through…”
Graeme Swann voices his concerns over the well-being of spectators watching the England cricket team.
10. “2nd day. Patches, gum, inhalators (kindly supplied by Boots the Chemist) so far so good! I think I can do this!”
Phil Tufnell keeps his followers updated after opting to quit smoking.