‘That could turn this whole match around!’
The Sport Review’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “What a point! Our man has got the momentum now! That could be the point that turns this whole match around!”
Greg Rusedski showcases his fortune-telling skills as he predicts an Andy Murray triumph despite the Scot being a set down in his semi-final clash.
2. “Still in the race, need a big three points on the weekend!”
Aston Villa reserve goalkeeper Brad Guzan is confident his team can claim fourth spot.
3. “What a game Inter Milan vs AC Milan. ESPN now.”
Darren Bent could be keen on playing in Derby della Madonna in the future.
4. “Boy oh boy what a night! It sucks to play like this but a freak match happens. Hopefully never again. Life goes on and I’ll be back fighting”
Kim Clijsters is philosophical about her Australian Open exit.
5. “Would you like to know what songs I listen to before a match, check out: serenawilliams.com”
Serena Williams reveals her motivational tracks.
6. “Not much else going on but did get a text from Chris Hoy saying well done. he’s in Perth on training camp. Ricky hatton’s so nice too.”
Andy Murray receives support from other British legends.
7. “Love Australia… where else can you watch NFL play-off games with breakfast?”
Andy Roddick enjoys the benefits of a different time zone.
8. “Jet lag…… blah”
The American then emphasises one of the down sides.
9. “I am wearing undershorts the same color as my skin, so it gives the slits in my dress the full effect!”
Venus Williams draws attention to her fashion sense at the Australian Open.
10. “QPR are playing like blind men, I hope palace do the same tomorrow at St James.”
Cut-throat analysis from Greame Swann.