‘Ominous win for France. Ireland just didn’t get going.’
The Sport Review’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “Watching Atletico vs Barca .. 2-1 at the moment…”
Ryan Babel, along with thousands of fans across the world, enjoys the enthralling clash between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona.
2. “On football focus tomorrow at 1215 from Turf Moor. Live TV always makes me nervous but am really looking forward to it!”
James Anderson takes a break from cricket to offer his opinions on all things football.
3. “Another victory Xerez 0-3 Real Madrid .. Gloria a Deus .. Thanks Lord!”
Kaka shows his religious side as three second half goals seal the three points for his side.
4. “Off to Rome for valentines weekend! Oh yeah, I think there’s a rugby game on out there. She won’t mind will she?”
Matt Dawson gets his priorities straight.
5. “Unbelievable!!!!! 6 nations spectacular!! Shane Williams under the posts! with 82 mins on clock!!!!! love it!”
Will Greenwood enjoys the late drama at the Millennium Stadium
6. “Airports – my least favorite place in the world”
The rigors of the WTA tour catch up with Venus Williams.
7. “Big from jamie and jonny picking up title in bergamo tonight…”
Andy Murray congratulates his brother Jamie on winning in Italy.
8. “I have not been driving illegally, just trying to get a UK license to go with my US license..”
Aston Villa reserve keeper Brad Guzan clears up any confusion over his driving credentials.
9. “Yes Arsenal win now. I cant believe Chelsea are loosing to Everton and Man U are being held by Aston Villa”
Ian Poulter reveals his football loyalties as he expresses delight at the midweek results.
10. “Ominous win for France. They look very complete. The Irish just did not get going – far too many errors.”
Will Carling provides a synopsis on the France-Ireland clash.