Tweets of the Week: ‘Nadal…in Shakira’s new video?’
The Sport Review’s weekly pick of ten of the best ‘tweets’ from some of the sporting world’s biggest stars.
1. “Great effort from the US in the davis cup, wow, it was amazing, we played so well.”
Praise from Venus Williams. If only us Brits could say the same about Team GB’s efforts.
2. “The U2 song Sunday Bloody Sunday really encapulates the frustrations of a Sunday…You have the Sunday papers to get through, mow the lawn, the kids are running round and you just think, ah Sunday bloody Sunday.”
A pro bono tweet from cricketer Jimmy Anderson.
3. “Dropped in on matty little at NTC earlier. World class fitness trainer. His hand looks borderline plastic though.”
Andy Murray makes a somewhat odd obsevation about his fitness trainer’s photogenicity.
4. “Does anyone else think that alastair cook runs like woody from toy story?”
No, Graeme Swann. It’s just you.
5. “Swanny’s chin is taller than me. In fact, if Swanny was in proportion with his chin he’d be 10ft 6″”
Paul Collingwood sends some unprovoked abuse in Graeme Swann’s direction.
6. “Back feels better today but I might have to get a long massage before training to get me through, normally that’s dani’s job lol”
It’s tough being a Premier League footballer, isn’t it Jamie O’Hara?
7. “Attitude is EVERYTHING, Never put a period where God put a comma”
Words of wisdom from Freddy Adu.
8. “I’m a little speechless after Sunday afternoon’s send-off. I can’t thank you all enough for making me feel a part of your family. We’ll have more info soon about whether I get to play a few more games before I leave.”
Landon Donovan thanks the Goodison Park faithful for their support.
9. “Nadal is going to be in Shakira’s new video. Should be… Interesting. My mind is blown”
Laura Robson is lost for words at the prospect of seeing Rafael Nadal in Shakira’s new ‘Gypsy’ video.
10. “I think I’ve just figured out how to send pictures from my phone, I’m not the best technically so hope it works ;-)
Kim Clijsters gets to grips with the Twittersphere.