Carlo Ancelotti denies he is close to quitting Chelsea
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has rubbished rumours suggesting he is on the verge of quitting Stamford Bridge.
Various reports claimed the Blues boss had signalled his intention to leave the league leaders after the former AC Milan manager admitted he “was not in control at Chelsea”.
The 51-year-old was described as being at his “lowest ebb” since joining the London side following the dismissal of his assistant Ray Wilkins last week.
However, Ancelotti on Monday categorically denied he had moved to terminate his contract with the Premier League champions. The Italian also refuted claims he had called the League Mangers Association regarding his future.
Ancelotti said: “I don’t know if it’s enough to clarify my position today to close these rumours and speculation. These rumours are totally untrue.
“I don’t know why they came out. I didn’t speak with the LMA. They called me last night (Sunday) when I was at home, quiet, to find out what was happening.
“I have my contract until 2012, here, in this club. I’ve said a lot of times that I’d like to stay here. I love not just this club, but these players. I have a lot of confidence in these players, in this squad, so there’s no reason to change my ideas. I don’t know if this is enough to speak about all this.
The Chelsea boss added: “I think that when the team don’t reach the right results, obviously the coach is under pressure. Obviously I am under pressure because I’d like Chelsea to win every game, but just this. I am focused on my job and to make us play better than we are at this moment. Just this.”