Harry Redknapp plays down Emmanuel Adebayor link
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has rubbished rumours linking Spurs with a move for disillusioned Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor.
It had been suggested that Redknapp is keen to bolster his strike force with looking Robbie Keane likely to leave White Hart Lane in January, but the 63-year-old insists Spurs have not made an approach for the former Arsenal forward.
“I’ve never made any enquiries for Adebayor whatsoever,” said Redknapp. “I keep seeing in the papers that we’re after him. I’ve never ever asked about him or enquired about him.”
The Tottenham boss, whose side currently lie in fifth place following their 1-1 draw with Birmingham City on Saturday, also stressed that there are unlikely to be many new recruits at Spurs in January.
“I’m not looking for too much,” he added. “As we’ve always said if we find someone who makes a difference and would take us on that extra bit [we would be in the market] but it’s always difficult to find.
“We’ve got good players and the top players, in this country, are not available. It’s difficult to improve your team and squad. At the moment we’re not even close to thinking about signing anybody else.”