Spurs confirmed they have agreed a deal with West Ham to see Robbie Keane move to Upton Park until the end of the season and the club have since been linked with Newcastle forward Andy Carroll as well as a host of La Liga stars.
But Redknapp denies making a bid for the 22-year-old England international. The Spurs manager said: “I never made a bid for Andy Carroll. Maybe the chairman did but I never did. Nobody has told me we’ve made a bid.”
Another Spurs target, Sergio Aguero, ended speculation over his immediate future by signing two-and-a-half-year contract extension with Atletico Madrid on Monday.
And other reports claim Spurs have failed in their attempts to sign Atheltic Bilbao’s Fernando Llorente and Villarreal’s Giuseppe Rossi.
“Fernando Llorente? No chance. I’m not going back to Spain any more. Definitely not,” said Redknapp, referring to his mugging before watching last week’s Madrid derby.
The Spurs boss did admit the club would welcome some defensive cover in the wake of YounÃƒÂ¨s Kaboul’s knee injury and Michael Dawson’s three-game suspension.
“We are struggling at the moment because we are down to two central defenders,” Redknapp said. “We have one spare defender on our books in Vedran Corluka. There is no-one else who can play in the back four.
“It’s not ideal but we’re not going to find somebody tomorrow. Who is going to find someone good enough to play in the Premier League before Monday night?”
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news