Despite having a say on whether the race goes ahead, Ecclestone says he will support the advice of the country’s Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
When asked when a decision on the raceÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s future would be made, Ecclestone told the BBC: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Probably Tuesday. I havenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t spoken to the Crown Prince this morning so I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know whatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s happened there. If anybodyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s going to sort it out, heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the guy to do it.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“He would decide whether or not itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s safe for us to be there. LetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s wait until Tuesday and see if this oneÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s going to take place before we decide what to do. Maybe we could postpone Bahrain or run it later in the year.Ã¢â‚¬Â
If the race at the Bahrain International Circuit cannot go ahead on 13 March, Ecclestone insists a replacement venue will not be sought.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Well theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re probably not ready, just to pop these things on just like that,Ã¢â‚¬Â he said. Ã¢â‚¬Å“LetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s hope it will be all right as itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s already scheduled.Ã¢â‚¬Â
The Foreign Office advised Brits against Ã¢â‚¬Å“non-essentialÃ¢â‚¬Â travel to Bahrain earlier in the week and despite the violence appearing to subside over the last 24 hours, many would not be insured as a result of the warning if they opt to go.
The FIA has yet to comment further since Jean Todt voiced concerns about safety last week before the violence escalated.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Georginio Wijnaldum