Alex in talks with QPR over potential switch from Chelsea
Brazilian given the go-ahead to discuss terms with Queens Park Rangers despite the two clubs not having yet agreed a fee
Alex has been given permission to talk to Queens Park Rangers over a potential move to Loftus Road, Chelsea boss AndrÃ© Villas-Boas has revealed.
The Brazilian defender handed in a transfer request earlier in the season but Villas-Boas said the two London clubs are yet to settle on a fee for the 29-year-old.
“From what I know I think Alex has been authorised to have talks with QPR but there hasn’t been any agreement between the clubs,” Villas-Boas told a news conference on Thursday. “We are speaking about a Brazil international of great value and it’s always difficult to let a player of this dimension go for a price that we don’t see fair.”
Meanwhile, Villas-Boas refused to be drawn on whether new signing Gary Cahill would be thrown straight into the Chelsea starting line-up for Saturday’s trip to Norwich City.
“It was a positive, good integration. We saw all his natural technical abilities [in training this week],” Villas-Boas continued. “I think he adapted quite well and it’s a welcoming sign for the club and it’s good to have him on board. [But] there are adaptation issues you have to take into account.”