Chelsea transfer target Oscar denies contact from Blues
Chelsea transfer target Oscar denies any knowledge of an approach from the Blues, despite reports suggesting otherwise
Oscar has dismissed suggestions he has agreed a deal to join Chelsea – but acknowledges that there is interest from Europe.
Reports on Tuesday claimed that the Blues had beaten Tottenham Hotspur to the signature of the highly-rated midfielder, who has been capped six times at senior level for Brazil.
But the 20-year-old Internacional midfielder insists he has “no news” of a bid from the west Londoners despite admitting there has been interest from some European clubs.
“I’m still here and I have no news of Chelsea,” Oscar told Brazilian newspaper O Globo. “I know there are clubs interested in Europe, but so far nothing has arrived.”
New Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas was reportedly keen to bring Oscar to Stamford Bridge during his doomed reign in west London and told his new club to make the midfielder a transfer priority after he was appointed as Harry Redknapp’s successor.
But widespread reports on Tuesday claimed that Chelsea had pipped their London rivals to the signing of the playmaker. Spurs were understood to have tabled an £11m bid for the player, with Chelsea’s reported offer understood to be in excess of £22m.