Man United transfer target Lucas Moura ‘to stay at Sao Paulo’
Man United transfer target Lucas Moura will not be joining Manchester united this summer, says Sao Paulo director
Lucas Moura is not interested in joining Manchester United, according to Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista.
The 19-year-old has scored 26 goals in 104 appearances for Sao Paulo since making his debut for the Brazilian outfit in 2010.
The Red Devils had a reported £27m offer for the Brazil international rejected last week, and Baptista insists the Premier League club are not in negotiations for the midfielder and is adamant he will not be moving to Old Trafford.
“There are no negotiations going on. Everybody knows that we got an offer for him, and rejected it. It’s also known that Lucas doesn’t want to leave. The only person keeping the expectations alive is his agent,” said Baptista.
“The decision is final. There will always be great teams going after great players.
“This mismatch between the European and Brazilian transfer window makes it hard for national clubs, and we have to deal with that.”
Sir Alex Ferguson on Monday confirmed United were interested in signing Lucas but the 70-year-old denied there was an agreement between the two clubs.
“It’s not correct,” he said. “We haven’t reached an agreement for the player. We’ve shown an interest but until such time as we get a deal agreed we can’t say he’s our player.”