France’s Hugo Lloris ignoring uncertainty over Tottenham future
Hugo Lloris is refusing to get involved in the talk that he might not find himself as a regular starter at Tottenham Hotspur
Hugo Lloris declined to comment when quizzed over the uncertainty surrounding his future at Tottenham Hotspur.
The 25-year-old completed a reported £10m switch from Lyon to Spurs on transfer deadline day, but the France captain did not feature in the north London club’s 1-1 draw with Norwich City on Saturday.
Following the match, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted Brad Friedel would remain as the club’s No1 while the American continues to impress.
“When you transfer it’s not written in the contract that you have to play,” Villas-Boas said last weekend.
“He has to compete against three good goalkeepers and at the moment Brad is doing extremely well. He deserves to be playing and he’ll continue to do so.”
Earlier this week, France manager Didier Deschamps admitted he would have to consider Lloris’ spot in his Les Bleus side if the goalkeeper was not a regular starter for the White Hart Lane outfit.
But, for now at least, the former Lyon shot-stopper is choosing to focus on France’s opening 2014 World Cup qualifying game against Finland – and not his future at Spurs.
“About my personal situation, it is neither the right place nor the right moment to talk about it,” said Lloris.
“I am only sure I am perfectly focused in the best way on French team and at the coach disposal for the start of the World Cup qualifier.
“I believe I can be professional and take things into consideration. Today I am only focused on the French team objective.”