Chelsea transfers: Blues to begin Demba Ba talks after bid accepted
Chelsea transfers: Blues have a bid accepted for Newcastle striker Demba Ba and are set to open talks with forward
Chelsea are set to begin talks with Demba Ba after the Blues’ bid for the striker was accepted by Newcastle United on Wednesday.
The Magpies confirmed that the Chelsea’s bid for for the Senegal international has triggered the £7m release clause in the player’s contract and the club have given him permission to speak to the west Londoners.
Ba has also been withdrawn from the Newcastle squad to face Everton on Wednesday night at St James’ Park.
A statement read: “Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player’s contract.
“The club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight’s game against Everton.”
The news may come as a relief to Magpies boss Alan Pardew, who last week said that he was hoping for a swift resolution to Ba’s contract situation.
He said: “The contract is what it is, we are all aware of that. For me as the manager I need it resolved as quickly as possible. That is the best situation for our fans and our club.”