The highly-rated Crystal Palace winger reportedly wrote: “Looks like i’m on my way to the top of the premier league” on his account on Saturday, but then quickly deleted the message.
Zaha then moved to distance himself from the reports, by posting: “I don’t know remember tweeting no such thing so I don’t know where the tweet came from.”
Further confusion then reigned when he added on Sunday: “THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL WILFRIED ZAHA ACCOUNT. BEWARE ANYONE CIRCULATING UNTRUE TWEETS IN MY NAME.”
The 20-year-old is reported to be close to a £15m move to Manchester United, with Arsenal and Liverpool also reportedly interested in signing the player.
Palace manager Ian Holloway last week said that any agreement with a Premier League club would feature a clause to see Zaha stay at Selhurst Park for the rest of the season.
“I felt it necessary to have a chat with Wilfried this week about what might happen and what definitely won’t be happening,” he said.
“Even if we do reach an agreement with a club, it would have to include a clause that Zaha stays put for the rest of the season.”
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news