Photographs emerged of Balotelli and Mancini being separated by staff members after the Italian reportedly took exception to the striker’s tackle on Scott Sinclair.
“No fight, not true, the pictures are worse,” said Mancini.
“I will give him another 100 chances if I think it’s possible he can change. I give him another chance, sure, because he is 22 and he can make a mistake.”
Mancini previously claimed Balotelli had played his last game for City after the former Internazionale star was sent off in a 1-0 defeat by Arsenal in April.
However, the Citizens boss opted not to sell the Italy international in the summer transfer window despite continued interest from Serie A outfit AC Milan.
Mancini played down Thursday’s incident and maintained that Balotelli has a future at the Premier League champions if the striker changes his attitude.
“It wasn’t bad,” he added. “We were playing a game, Mario kicked his team-mate and I said to him ‘go inside, leave the pitch’.
“He said ‘no’ so I took his shirt and pushed him off the pitch. This is really what happened. Nothing special.”
He continued: “Mario is like this but my thoughts [on his future] do not change, this is not important. The problem could be himself. If he doesn’t change, for him it will be very difficult in the future. For him, not me.
“Mario could stay with me one day, one month, five years. He is 22 years old. He needs to change. His problem is for himself.”
MORE: Man United latest news
MORE: Arsenal latest news
MORE: Chelsea latest news
MORE: Liverpool latest news