QPR transfers: West Brom turn down second Hoops bid for Odemwingie
QPR transfers: West Bromwich Albion have turned down QPR's second offer for Peter Odemwingie, says the club's sporting director
West Bromwich Albion have turned down a second offer from Queens Park Rangers for wantaway striker Peter Odemwingie.
The Nigeria international was subject to a bid from QPR earlier this month, but the Baggies insisted the forward – and Harry Redknapp’s other target Jonas Olsson – were not for sale.
While the Hoops manager refused to comment about the speculation, West Brom have confirmed the west London side have made a renewed attempt to prise Odemwingie away from the Hawthorns.
West Brom’s sporting and technical director Richard Garlick said in a statement: “QPR have made a second, improved offer for Peter, which we have turned down.”
On Saturday night, Odemwingie launched a scathing attack on his current employers for refusing to accept his transfer request last week.
He posted on his Twitter count: “I’m deeply hurt and in some ways offended by the lack of reciprocal common respect from the management of West Bromwich Albion.
“During my time at the club I believe I have delivered performances, effort and goals.
“I never complained when I found out that the club failed to inform me of enquiries that might have interested me and my family in the past.
“Everyone knows how much effort and commitment I always give when I play for the club. The fans have been great with me and I will always respect them.
“At this stage of my career, this opportunity may not come around again. A new challenge, a new opportunity, and a chance to play under the stewardship of one of the most respected managers in the game (Harry Redknapp).”