QPR’s Harry Redknapp willing to move on from Jose Bosingwa saga
Harry Redknapp says QPR have moved on from the Jose Bosingwa saga after he featured in a 2-0 loss to Manchester United
Harry Redknapp says that Queens Park Rangers have moved from the Jose Bosingwa saga after the Portuguese defender featured in their 2-0 loss to Manchester United on Saturday.
The 30-year-old stormed out of Loftus Road after being informed that he had been dropped to the bench for QPR’s west London derby against Fulham on 15 December.
Redknapp slammed the Champions League winner’s behaviour and fined the former Porto man two weeks’ wages, with the defender falling out of favour throughout the festive period.
“Jose made a mistake, but it can’t go on forever,” Redknapp told QPR’s website. “The issue is resolved. He was fined and we’ve all moved on from it.
“He’s trained hard and is showing the right attitude again.
“There’s no question he can play. He’s good on the ball.”
Redknapp revealed Bosingwa travelled to Swansea for their 4-1 loss at the Liberty Stadium, but the Hoops boss decided to leave the defender out of his squad in a bid to test the star’s attitude.
“I took him with us to Swansea a couple of weeks ago and didn’t even put him on the bench,” he added.
“I did that to test his attitude and he was fine.”
QPR remain seven points from safety after Aston Villa and Reading both lost – but Redknapp believes his side can still avoid relegation despite their current predicament.
“There is a big challenge ahead of us,” he said. “Other results were good to us, we are still the same number of points behind like we were before the game.
“I do think there was an improvement in our game on Saturday but we need to get going.
“Everybody has written us off. This will take the pressure off us because nobody expects us to do this.
“We are going to go into the next matches, do our thing and if we can avoid relegation, it will be the greatest achievement.”