Man City transfers: Joleon Lescott set to ‘address’ Citizens future
Man City transfers: Joleon Lescott says he plans to "address" his lack of first-team football at the Citizens when the season finishes
Joleon Lescott says he will “address” his lack of first-team action at Manchester City at the end of the season.
The 30-year-old’s hopes of featuring for England at the 2014 World Cup are in doubt after a difficult season at the defending Premier League champions.
Lescott has fallen behind Matija Nastasić and Kolo Toure in the pecking order at the Citizens, with captain Vincent Kompany sidelined since late January due to a persistent calf injury.
The England international could feature against Montenegro on Tuesday night, and Lescott hopes to secure regular first-team football next season to cement his Three Lions spot.
“Sitting here now, if you’d asked me that last year then I’d have said, ‘yeah, pretty good’,” said Lescott.
“But you don’t know. If I can play more regularly at club level, then I think I’ll be there. Towards the end of the season, I’ll address that.
“But for now, I’m fully focused on England.”
Lescott has scored once in 25 England appearances after making his Three Lions debut against Estonia in October 2007.