Joe Hart urges Man City to move on from Roberto Mancini era
Joe Hart urges Manchester City to move on from the Roberto Mancini era with Manuel Pellegrini expected to succeed the Italian
Joe Hart says Manchester City must move on from the Roberto Mancini era, with Manuel Pellegrini expected to be named as the Italian’s successor.
The 48-year-old was sacked by the Eastlands outfit last week after a disappointing campaign which saw City miss out on the FA Cup and finish 11 points behind Premier League champions Manchester United.
Hart, who was publicly rebuked on a couple of occasions by the former City boss this term, urged the Citizens to look forward to their future under the club’s next manager.
“It’s tough to talk about possibilities obviously,” Hart told Goal.com. “We had successful times under Roberto but the club’s made the decision to move forward and we need to react as players.
“Whoever comes in, we’ll give them everything we’ve got.”
Pellegrini moved a step closer to taking charge of City after the Chilean confirmed he will leave Málaga this summer on Wednesday.
And Hart reckons the new City manager – with Pellegrini the firm favourite – will not need to make sweeping changes to help the club improve.
“We need to improve on next year and that’s an exciting challenge,” added Hart.
“There’s nothing massive, just little tweaks here and there. Finishing the job – we didn’t win enough games – we won possession, dominated games, but didn’t win them. That’s what we need to improve on.
“There’s a lot of work to be done behind the scenes, that’s why we’ve got such great people in charge – strong characters, strong businessmen – hopefully they’re going to make the right decisions and we’re going to react as players and move forward.
“Everything’s in the past now, that’s the beauty of football – it’s constantly changing – and we have another chance next year.”