Man United transfers: David Moyes unsure over Cesc Fàbregas bid
Man United transfers: David Moyes says he is unsure whether the Red Devils will launch another bid for Cesc Fàbregas
David Moyes says he is unsure whether Manchester United will launch another bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fàbregas.
The Reds have failed with two previous offers – reported to be £26m and £30m – as the La Liga champions look to keep the former Arsenal captain at Camp Nou.
Moyes, who replaced Sir Alex Ferguson this summer, admitted last week that Fàbregas is his top target, but the United boss appears to be losing faith in the race to sign the midfielder.
“I couldn’t tell you if there will be another bid but obviously we will take stock of it and decide what we are going to do next,” said Moyes.
“I’ve never at any time said that we would get Fàbregas. We have just made offers that have been rejected.”
Last week, new Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino insisted the club would reject all offers for the 26-year-old Spain international.
“Fàbregas is a top player and we are proud to have him here,” said Martino on Friday after being appointed as Tito Vilanova’s successor at Camp Nou on a two-year contract.
“It doesn’t matter what the offer from Manchester United is. We are counting on him.
“It is normal that many clubs are interested in Cesc, and that is a source of pride for us. But we will reject all bids.
“I won’t get involved in the economic interests of the club, but [if it’s up to me] we will have him [Cesc] here.”