No chance! Mourinho says Chelsea won’t sell Mata or Luiz
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says neither David Luiz nor Juan Mata will be allowed to leave the Blues
Jose Mourinho says there is “no chance” Chelsea will allow David Luiz or Juan Mata to leave the west London club this summer.
The Blues were reported to have offered £10m plus Mata or Luiz for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, although the Europa League winners insisted no player had been included as part of the deal.
While Mourinho admitted on Wednesday that Rooney was his only target during the current transfer window, the Chelsea manager is adamant Luiz and Mata will be staying at Stamford Bridge.
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) July 18, 2013
Mourinho also warned his Chelsea squad that they must be playing regularly to have a chance of being included in their respective national sides for next summer’s World Cup.
“Normally for a player to go from the national team, a player to be selected for his country, normally, the player must be a first choice player in the club. He must play very regular with the club and that’s the big motivation if they are thinking about the World Cup.
“So any player that wants to go to the World Cup, if they are a second choice in their club, they are in trouble. This is a crucial year for that and probably many national team coaches are worried because they want their players to play regular in their teams.
“So I think this is like a combination. You must play for me, to play for you. You must play for you, to play for me. So I think they have to share this situations.”