Liverpool transfers: Luis Suárez knows ‘nothing’ about Madrid link
Liverpool transfers: Luis Suárez insists he knows "nothing" about rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid on Monday
Luis Suárez insists he is staying at Liverpool and knows “nothing” about rumours linking Real Madrid with a late bid on transfer deadline day.
The Reds appeared to have successfully fended off interest in their Uruguayan forward after rejecting two offers for the 26-year-old from Arsenal earlier in the summer transfer window.
But there were reports on Monday that Madrid, who officially unveiled world-record signing Gareth Bale this morning, could be set to make a last-gasp offer to lure Suárez to the Spanish capital.
However, the South American moved to quash the “rumours” and committed his immediate future to the Merseyside outfit.
“I still have nothing,” Suárez is quoted as saying by ESPN. “I closed the subject a while ago. I have already taken the decision to stay at Liverpool I have just landed, and I know nothing [about new rumours].”
Suárez, who is still serving a 10-game ban for biting Branislav Ivanović in his side’s 2-2 draw with Chelsea in April, also criticised the media for creating the furore surrounding his future this summer.
“If I play I am the subject of people talking, if do not play it is the same…” he added. “They have already put me in every team, but I have already finished with this.”
However, Suárez refused to rule out a possible move away from Anfield in future transfer windows, insisting talk of a possible Liverpool exit is over “for a while now”.
“At that moment I said that if something happens then good, but if I was staying at Liverpool I would be delighted,” Suárez said. “This is over for a while now.”