Liverpool’s Rodgers gives Coutinho and Toure injury update
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers gives injury update on Reds duo Philippe Coutinho and Kolo Toure ahead of Norwich City clash
Brendan Rodgers says he is optimistic that Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho will be fit to start their clash against Norwich City at Anfield on Wednesday.
The Brazil international wasn’t in Liverpool’s starting line-up for the 3-1 loss to Hull City at the KC Stadium on Sunday after picking up a high ankle strain in training last week.
The 22-year-old playmaker, who missed six weeks following a shoulder operation earlier this season, came off the bench but was unable to affect the result at the Tigers.
And Rodgers revealed that Coutinho got through his 24-minute cameo against Steve Bruce’s newly-promoted side without aggravating the injury.
“He will be fine. He had no further reaction from the game [on Sunday]. He trained this morning,” Rodgers told a pre-match media conference at Melwood.
“All being well, he’ll be fit.”
Meanwhile, the Reds boss also confirmed that Kolo Toure should be available for Wednesday’s clash against Norwich City despite suffering a slight knock to his hip against Hull.
“We’ll assess that in the next 24 hours and hopefully he should be available,” he added.