Force India’s Sergio Perez tops day one of final F1 pre-season test
Force India's Sergio Perez sets the fastest time on day one of the final Formula 1 pre-season test in Bahrain
Force India’s Sergio Perez was quickest on the first day of the final Formula 1 pre-season test with a time of 1:35.290, logging in 105 laps at the Bahrain International Circuit.
Naturally, Perez was pleased with his and the car’s performance. “We really needed a good day to start this week and today we had it”, he said.
“We managed to do a lot of laps, try several different compounds and mappings, and it’s been a fantastic day in terms of learning about the car.”
“Tomorrow is my last day in the car before the season starts so hopefully we can have another solid day to be in good shape for Melbourne.”
Even though Perez’s time was slower than Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg, who set a 1.33.283 at the end of last week’s first pre-season test, Force India were more impressed by the durability of the VJM07.
Andrew Green, technical director said: “It has been a very productive day for the team and we managed to complete a high number of laps. We were able to do some good long run simulations, which sets us up nicely for the remainder of the week.”
1. Sergio Perez, Force India-Mercedes, 1m35.290s, (105 Laps)
2. Valtteri Bottas, Williams-Mercedes, 1.36.184, (128)
3. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1.36.432, (54)
4. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1.36.624, (89)
5. Adrian Sutil, Sauber-Ferrari, 1.37.700, (89)
6. Kevin Magnussen, McLaren-Mercedes, 1.37.825, (109)
7. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull-Renault, 1.37.908, (39)
8. Max Chilton, Marussia-Ferrari, 1.38.610, (44)
9. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso-Renault, 1.39.242, (55)
10. Pastor Maldonado, Lotus-Renault, 1.40.599, (31)
11. Kamui Kobayashi, Caterham-Renault, 1m42.285, (19)